I am delighted to inform you that Starmaker School of Drama is now in a position to offer a variety of services to schools and community organisations.
Please find below information about Starmaker and the activities available for children and young people.
I would be happy to come and meet with you should you require to discuss any of this information, or details of any potential booking.
- Lunchtime or After-school drama clubs. (available for all Primary Stages)
- Experienced direction for school performances and productions.
- One-off drama sessions, e.g. during Activity Weeks or Fun days.
Workshops can be devised to compliment issues currently being discussed in the classroom, or to strengthen work already being carried out in school. For example:
Physical Drama Workshops
- Specially designed workshops to get pupils to become physically active through games and movement work.
- Encouraging pupils who might shy away from mainstream sports to participate in a healthy activity.
- Flexibility in workshop plan to allow all children to take part at their own level and ability.
Emotional & Social Health Drama Workshops
- Workshops designed to improve confidence and self esteem.
- Raises emotional resilience through drama activities.
- Encourages pupils to interact with others, using ‘characters’ to aid interaction.
- Develops team work and problem solving skills.
£30 per hour
- Discounts can be made for regular/block bookings.
- Costs include instructors travel, equipment and delivery of session.
details of provider
Caroline McCoo is an experienced Theatre Practitioner and Drama Instructor, with 20 years of experience in working with children and young people.
MA (Hons) Theatre Studies / English Literature
- HND Performing Arts in the Community.
- Enhanced Disclosure from Disclosure Scotland
- Registered under North Lanarkshire’s Child Protection Code of Practice.
- Fully insured for Public Liability with Nat West Business Insurance.
- Qualified in Emergency First Aid.
Starmaker School of Drama
- Deliver seven weekly classes throughout Glasgow.
- Prepare students for LAMDA examinations.
- Directed and produced numerous stage productions.
Govan Gold Stars (Glasgow City Council)
- Co-devised and delivered a programme of drama based workshops to schools in the Govan area.
- Workshops were designed to educate youngsters of the value of healthy living choices.
- Funded by NHS, NOPES and Active Schools.
NOPES (Glasgow City Council)
- Devised and delivered physical drama workshops to schools in the Pollok area.
- Part of the Active Schools Programme.
American Theatre Camp
- Camp Kenmont Theatre Director (Connecticut, summer of 2001)
- Produced and directed four full scale musicals with children aged 6-15.
- Devised and delivered hour long drama workshops with campers.
Phone: 0141 558 1902
Mobile: 07828 121300